Award paper Sessions
Dr. V. Govinandan Nair Memorial Award Competition (< 35 years of age only)
Dr. P.S. Ranganathan Memorial Award Competition
Dr. H.C. Mohanthy PG quiz Competition
Dr. C.N. Sowmini Poster Presentation Competition
IUSTI IASSTD & AIDS Scholarship for three best scientific papers
Rabindranath Dutta award sessions for Postgraduates
Free paper Sessions (Program; Basic Sciences; Clinical)
Surprises gifts from the organizers)
1. All presenters should be a registered delegate of ASTICON 2016.
2. All scientific communications and process of abstract submission are to be done only through online:-
Guidelines for abstract
For all categories, the abstract should be as follows,
1. Title should be in capital letters.
2. Write author /presenter's name and E-mail ID just below the title.
3. The abstract should be typed in Times New Roman and 12 font size.
4. For Free papers, Award papers, and Posters - the abstract should not exceed 250 words.
5. Online abstract should be uploaded in - word format only. Maximum size of file is 200 kb.
6. Images in jpg format can be send separately to .
Guidelines for oral presentation
1. Time allotted for:
A.Award papers - 7 minutes
B.Free papers - 6 minutes
2.The paper presentation should be in the following format:
B.Material & Methods
3. For award paper presentation, the name of the presenting author only to be mentioned.
4. Presenter should submit the presentation well in advance the commencement of the award session & get the final approval from the organizing committee.
IUSTI-IASSTD & AIDS SCHOLARSHIP
1. The abstract should not exceed 1000 words.
2. Three papers will be selected and the scholarship amount is Rs 20,000 cash for each paper.
3. Both award papers as well as free papers will be considered for the scholarship selection.
4. Presenter has to mention in the abstract form if he/she is willing for scholarship.
5. Presenter has to submit the completed paper before August 10th 2015 for final round of selection by the central scientific committee.
6. If the central scientific selection committee feels that no paper has met the required standard, scholarship will not be awarded for this year.
7. No proxy will be allowed for presentation.
1. Presenter Must be a registered delegate of the conference
2. Presenter can either be a member or non-member of IASSTD & AIDS
3. Age limit - No bar
The following are not eligible for the scholarship:
1. IASSTD& AIDS Office bearers
2. ASTICON 2016 Organizing committee members
3. A person who has already received the scholarship
Dr. H.C.Mohanty- P G Quiz competition
1. A team of 2 participants from each college / department is allowed.
2. Detailed Coverage of STI &HIV from basic sciences to latest investigations & treatment aspects.
3. Preliminary written selection will be held on the first day of the conference.
4. Prior intimation regarding the participants of the quiz should be given to the organizing committee.
Dr.C.N.Sowmini- Poster presentation
1. The poster size should be 4 feet height & 3 feet width.
2. Font size should be readable at a distance of 1.5